Wednesday, 26 August 2009

The problem

Ok...first post :)...
The problem I've been thinking about is a video database for my mom. Looking at the link John posted up databases seem to be the most common since its quite easy to implement the mastery aspects in databases... not that I'm trying to be like everyone else but this is something I'll feel the most comfortable doing...I think I'll get lost trying something else...

Getting back to the problem - at home we have all kinds of videos - VHS, VCDs and DVDs. Since we don't have enough space to have just one huge shelf, they're all scattered in a couple of shelves and drawers. My mom would like a way to search for a video regardless the format (since she often forgets what format a video is) and be able to know where its kept. She likes a 'nice-looking' layout(meaning I definitely have to look up GUIs again :o) and be able to add easily. Also if possible if she can search via lead actors in the movie. Any other requests are to come...

1 comment:

  1. Make sure that you pin down the GUI needs early on. It can be hard to factor these in later if there needs to be major changes.

    Also make sure that Mum will give you the serious feedback that is needed and not just an "Oh that's great dear" type of response.

    Mrs P

    ReplyDelete